Welcome to Santa Cruz Wiki!
A website about Santa Cruz County that anyone can edit
I want to make a page about
Welcome to the wiki for Santa Cruz, California, USA. This community website gives everyone a place to share their knowledge, ideas, opinions, media, and any other information on anything and everything in Santa Cruz County. This site is maintained by the entire community, therefore, you are welcome to create an account and contribute to it!
- Art: Galleries and Art Venues, Artists, Public Art Pieces
- Businesses: Shopping, Services, Green Businesses, Departed Businesses, Wireless Internet
- Education: Schools & Educational Programs, UC Santa Cruz, Cabrillo Community College, Santa Cruz Free Skool
- Entertainment: Movie Theaters, Music, Music Venues, Bands & Musicians, DJ Artists & Venues, Performing Arts, Theatre, Dance, Street Performers
- Food & Drink: Restaurants, Groceries & Markets, Bars & Nightclubs, Breweries & Vintners, Liquor Stores
- Health: Health Services, Wellness and Nutrition, Yoga
- Housing: Finding Housing, Apartment Complexes, Housing Co-ops, UCSC Housing
- Local Media: Film and Literature, Writers, Local Books, Filmmakers & Broadcasters, Movies Filmed Locally, Community Television, Literary Venues, Online Resources
- Organizations: Spiritual Organizations, Community Organizations, Clubs & Interest Groups, Co-ops, Support Groups, Community Donations
- Outdoors: Parks & Open Spaces, Beaches & Surf Spots, Lakes & Streams, Wildlife
- People of Santa Cruz: Ohlone, Political Figures and Activists, Heated Issues in Santa Cruz, Famous Residents, GLBT Community, Seniors
- Recreation: Museums & Attractions, Sports, Exercise & Fitness, Surfing
- Tourism: Lodging, Camping
- Transportation: Cycling, Driving, Walking, Public Transit, Transit Outside of Santa Cruz, Airports, Other Transportation Services
- City Ordinances, Public Works and Programs
- Neighborhoods/Areas: Beach Flats, Beach Hill, Downtown, Eastside, Midtown, Seabright, Westside, Santa Cruz Wharf, Yacht Harbor, Mission Hill, Pleasure Point, Capitola Village
- Major Streets: Bay Street, East Cliff Drive, High Street, Front Street, River Street, Highway 1, Highway 9, Highway 17, Mission Street, Ocean Street, Laurel Street, Pacific Avenue, Seabright Avenue, Soquel Avenue/Soquel Drive, Water Street, West Cliff Drive
Edit Santa Cruz Wiki
Anyone can add to the Santa Cruz Wiki! While there are a few tips and tricks to learn, it's pretty easy, and you can easily edit without having to learn anything.
- Santa Cruz On A Dime - Living cheaply in Santa Cruz.
- Late Nite in Santa Cruz - What's open after 10 p.m. anyway?
- Bright and Early in Santa Cruz - For those people who love to be (or have to be) up before 8 a.m.
- Bizarro Santa Cruz - All the weird stuff that makes Santa Cruz the quirky little place it is.
- Santa Cruz Wish List - All the stuff you think Santa Cruz needs but doesn't have.
- Beautiful Santa Cruz - From the merely relaxing to the completely sublime, beauty in Santa Cruz is endless.
- Glossary - Glossary of terms frequently used in Santa Cruz.
Santa Cruz Wiki News
June 1st & 5th, 2012 - The scruzwiki.org domain name is now linked to the new Santa Cruz Wiki site. We're now running with https, meaning using scruzwiki.org is now much more secure, especially on public networks like coffee shops.
May 27, 2012 - We're currently transitioning to the new LocalWiki system. Until the Front Page is all spruced up, all new editing should happen on this site, santacruz.localwiki.org. We'll move over the scruzwiki.org domain in a few days.
You can also join our new wiki discussion group on facebook.
August 30, 2011 - Bruce Bratton mentioned the Santa Cruz Wiki in is his August 30 - September 5, 2011 column. He also included excerpts from the Market Street Field page. His columns are featured online at brattononline.com.
Check out the archive for older news.
Photo of Big Basin by mindgrow on flickr